Tuesday, January 12, 2010

ASP.NET MVC Sample Project Launched




Okay, after popular demand of I think 3 people, I’ve published the code for the wife’s website. If you haven’t read any of the posts on my wife’s project, check out this post. This project completely separates UI & C# code, so you only have 2 projects (Core & UI).

Basically, all I did was create a new MVC project with Microsoft’s default template and deleted everything except the following:

  • Views folder
  • Root Default.aspx
  • global.asax (I did delete the global.asax.cs)
  • both web.configs

I referenced my Core, setup my views that match my Core project, and inherited from my global.cs in the global.asax. That was it!

You can check it out via svn here: https://derans.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

or

download it via zip here: http://code.google.com/p/derans/downloads/list

I feel like this project will act as a great stepping stone to understanding the Code Camp server, which is much more complex.

My unit tests are definitely the weakest part of the project, so there won’t be a need to run any coverage tests or anything like that because this project will not do well :)

The sample project was built with the following tools:

The best practices I mentioned above come straight from experience and the following people/resources:

You can see the exact same Core code in use at sweetandhappy.com. If you see any improvements that can be made or you’d just like to comment, please do so!

Thanks for reading!


Shout it

kick it on DotNetKicks.com

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...